Since the introduction of the airplane galley intended to serve wide body aircraft in the late 1960s, the industry has seen little change to the galley in terms of technology and innovation. Today, in an era centred on brand and differentiated services, and at the crux of a new economy focused on value, airlines must look at the galley as a potential space for cost reduction and brand differentiation made possible via innovation.
B/E Aerospace design partner, Teague shares the story behind the award-winning Essence Inserts Collection – a new product line that redefines the aircraft galley experience.
- The economic value of great design
- Lessons in cross-team/organisation collaboration
- Tools for validation
- Leveraging design for strategic competitive advantage
- Building loyalty through brand expression
- Experience design and customer touch points